Wednesday, May 4, 2011

What Did You Say?!?!


Help!  My son is using some really mean phrases!  He is not very verbal in the first place, but now when he does talk it is either demands (Chips!  Blocks!  Water!) and hardly ever with a "Please" unless I prompt him, or he is going around saying things like, "I pinch you," "I kick you," "I hate you," and his newest "I kill you!"  I have no idea how to handle this.  It's not like we are saying these things around the house!  The only things he watches, besides his special videos (like Teach 2 Talk and Your Baby Can Read) and some "educational" shows occasionally (like Clifford and Barney), are a couple of Disney movies.  I think the latter (the Disney shows) might be where he is getting these phrases from (Monsters, Inc, Toy Story 3, etc...).  I guess I am going to have to take the movies away (which I haven't done yet because I've felt it was unfair to his little brother), and hope that he will be able to forget these phrases, quickly!  I am getting worried because he is becoming more aggressive as he is growing older also.  I'm not sure what I will do when he is stronger than me.  I hope that he can learn to be in control of his emotions by then.    

No comments:

Post a Comment