Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Reaching For My Oxygen Mask

The world looks much brighter today (even though it's actually cloudy where I live!) You've heard the announcement in the airplane, "Put on your own mask first before assisting children." I need to take care of myself so that I can take care of my children. I know that my body functions much better when I get a good night's sleep. Last night, I got 7 1/2 hours! Okay, it's still not the 8 that I crave, but I feel so much better today. I should make a note that we have been very blessed that our son will sleep through the night as long as he gets his Melatonin before bedtime. It is very common for autistic children to have sleep issues. I have also been warned that his body may get used to the Melatonin to the point where it stops working and, eventually, we may have to take him in for a sleep study. But, for now, I need to try harder to take advantage of the fact that our house is quiet at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment