Friday, November 12, 2010

I Need a Nap! Please!

So, it seems as if my son has given up his nap time.  I am really not thrilled about this idea.  Don't get me wrong, I love him, but he needs full, constant supervision and stimulation.  I longed for that break in the middle of the day to catch up on housework, help my older kids with school projects, or run errands.  I'm not sure how this new schedule will fit into my plans.  Selfish, I know.  This is the first day that I haven't laid him down.  We've noticed that he's been "talking" through his nap time the last few days, and then the "destructive mode" kicked in.  Yes, he continues to tear apart his crib tent.  As mentioned in an earlier post, his current crib tent has already been Frankensteined back together several times.  It is our second one, yes, he destroyed the first one also, and our new one has been on back order.  Although we heard from the company today and it should be here next week.  (Happy Dance Time!)  Anyway, he finally figured out that if he ripped the entire side out, or pulled apart the zipper, that he could escape and then proceed to "draw" on the walls by scratching them with a metal door stop he removed from his wall.  Well, here we go into our new daytime life...wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment